Have a refreshing, simple salad made with Fair Oaks Farms Bacon, rotisserie chicken from your local supermarket, and a homemade Green Goddess dressing.
Fresh Green Goddess Salad
Green Goddess Dressing
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves with stems
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 avocado cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 slices Fair Oaks Farms Bacon crisped and crumbled
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- 4 stalks romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tomato thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup Fair Oaks Farms cheese curds (optional)
Starting with the dressing, put all ingredients into food processor or blender and purée until smooth. Add a bit of water until dressing reaches the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place your chopped romaine and spinach in a large bowl and drizzle with 1/3 of the Green Goddess dressing. Top with shredded chicken, Fair Oaks Farms Bacon, sliced avocado, onion, tomato, carrots, and cucumber. Drizzle another 1/3 of the dressing onto the top, then mix ingredients until dressing is evenly distributed. If necessary, use last remaining 1/3 of dressing or set to the side for anyone that wants more.
If desired, mix in Fair Oaks Farms cheese curds for an indulgent extra.