Pizza Dough Recipe Featured on “Cooking with Kids: Episode 1”.
Have you heard about our pizza dough recipe made by the chefs at the Farmhouse Restaurant? Whether you’re looking for a quick dinner after a long day or want to spend quality time with your kids in the kitchen. We recommend this quick and delicious meal!
You can watch the video on “cooking with kids” episode one, here.
Fair Oaks Farms, Easy Pizza Recipe
This Pizza Dough Recipe, is the same recipe we serve to our guests. Right here in the Farmhouse Restaurant at Fair Oaks Farms!
- 1 cup warm water 105-110 degrees F
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1 TBS active dry yeast
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a pizza pan or large jelly roll pan and set aside.
2. Put warm water into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add sugar and yeast and stir to combine.
4. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes, or until it becomes frothy and bubbles form.
5. Add olive oil and gently stir to combine.
6. Add flour and salt and mix with a spatula until a ball begins to form (dough will still be slightly sticky)
7. Transfer to a floured surface and knead into a smooth dough, adding up to ½ cup extra flour if needed.
8. Roll dough into your desired shape and gently transfer to your prepared pan.
9. To ensure the dough doesn't form air pockets, use a fork to prick to the dough all around (gently so you do not poke holes all the way through the crust).
10. Bake on the lower rack of your preheated oven for 5 minutes and remove from your oven. (this is just to very slightly prebake the dough). If you notice air bubbles forming, poke them with a fork to let the air out.
11. Add pizza sauce and toppings of choice!
12. Bake on the lower rack of your oven for around 15-20 minutes until the crust looks crispy and lightly browned.
13. Let cool, cut and serve!
Keep an eye out for more episodes of Cooking with Kids coming soon! Or to read more about the benefit of cooking with your kids, read here.