From now until February the Fair Oaks Farms blog will bring you comfort food recipes to cure the winter blues. Watch this space to get weeknight dinner ideas that won’t break the bank or take up too much time! This food is sure to keep you warm and happy — and please the whole family! Today, we’re focusing on lunch. Ditch your cold salad or boring lunchmeat sandwich for these Ham & Cheese Turnovers. Simply bake ahead of time and microwave for a taste of comfort in your office. These turnovers can be frozen for up to 3 weeks!
Ham & Cheese Turnovers and Side Salad
- 1 pound package refrigerated pizza dough
- 8 ounces deli ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Farmstead Lacy or Sweet Smoked Swiss, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into thin rings
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out the pizza dough into a 14-inch circle and cut into 8 triangles.
- Lay a slice of ham, then a slice of Farmstead Swiss, and a few slices of onion on the bottom of each triangle and roll the dough up around the filling. It’s OK if some sticks out of the ends.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then place the rolls on top. Bake until golden and crisp.
- Combine the mustard and oil in a bowl and toss with the romaine as a small side salad.
All Farmstead Cheeses are sold online or at the Cowfé.