This Valentine’s Day, don’t stick to the simple favorites you’ve had every single year. Use a blast from the past to make your V-Day exciting this year, with Fondue for Two! Use Fair Oaks Farms cheese to ensure melty, gooey, quality deliciousness!
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into approximately 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces Fair Oaks Farms Sweet Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- After shredding Fair Oaks Farms Sweet Swiss, place in a bowl or resealable plastic bag and coat with all-purpose flour.
- Add garlic and wine to a fondue pot or large saucepan, simmer and then stir in lemon juice.
- Add cheese and flour mixture slowly, stirring with a wire whisk to prevent lumps.
- Keep warm on a low setting while serving, to prevent cheese from hardening. Use fondue forks to spear bread and begin dipping!
Tips & Tricks
- Not a fan of our Sweet Swiss cheese or looking for a different flavor? No problem! Use any Fair Oaks Farms cheese to get the exact taste you want. The above recipe might need to be adjusted slightly, but ultimately it’s about what satisfies you! We recommend trying Asiago, 5 Year Cheddar, or even Havarti Pepper for a kick!
- French bread is just a suggestion! Any kind of crusty bread will do, such as sourdough, ciabatta, or Italian. Or use anything that marries well with cheese, like cubes of ham, bacon, or steak, fresh mushrooms, broccoli florets, carrots, or apple wedges. Be creative!
- There are many deviations of simple fondue all over the internet. Look up your own recipes and try to find something that tickles your fancy, such as adding spices and other ingredients to the cheese.
- If the cheese starts thickening, add a bit of wine (or milk, if you choose to keep your cheese nonalcoholic).
- Most importantly, have fun! Fondue is meant to be experimental and customizable!