Don’t let this gloomy weather get you down. If you’re stuck inside with your family, put your heads together to come up with the best chili recipe ever! Below we’ve given you some suggestions, instructions, tips, and tricks. The best part about chili is it’s a dump recipe — meaning you dump all the ingredients in a pot and let it cook! It’s the perfect time to teach children about tastes, textures, and cooking.
Best Chili Ever
We've given you a make-shift recipe below, but don't be afraid to get creative and add your best ideas!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can light red kidney beans
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 1 large onion
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 46 oz tomato juice
- chili powder & other seasonings (to taste)
Brown the ground beef in a large pot, then set off to the side and drain.
Chop the onion.
Combine ground beef, onion, light & dark red kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, and tomato juice, in the pot. Add chili powder and other seasonings.
Bring to a boil, stir occasionally. Then drop the temperature to low and simmer until beans and onion are tender.
Continue to season until you've reached the desired taste.
- If you'd like to add pasta to your chili, add a cup of two of dry pasta ten minutes before serving.
- Serve with peanut butter sandwiches, saltines, and a Fair Oaks Farms' shredded cheese of your choice!
- Feel free to get creative with your ingredients, adding different kinds of beans and vegetables is encouraged!