Coronavirus Precautions (updated 3/16/20)
Fair Oaks Farms’ first priority is and has always been the health and safety of our guests and staff. We have always held ourselves to the highest standards of cleanliness and food safety, and we have established protocols and best practices in place. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are heightening our focus on all measures that prevent the spread of illness. We also want to share with you the additional steps we are taking to help ensure a safe, healthy and enjoyable environment for everyone who walks through our doors.
What we are doing:
• We are closely following CDC updates and recommendations, heeding State of Indiana protocols, and updating our procedures accordingly as needed.
• We are regularly wiping entrance and exit handles with disinfectant.
• We have added more hand sanitizing dispensers throughout our businesses. • We are cleaning dining tables with disinfectant wipes between uses.
• Our Servers are handling plates with linens.
• Our cleaning staff has heightened their already proactive cleaning of restrooms and all common areas across all Fair Oaks Farms facilities throughout the day.
• We are requiring our staff to stay home if they have any ill people in their household or if they themselves have any early sense of illness. We are requesting that our staff self-monitor their temperature before coming to work.
• We are only seating every other table and every other booth to maintain social distancing.
• We have removed the condiments from the tables and are now using single-serve disposable condiments.
• We have removed our printed specials and will communicate these verbally to our guests.
• We are sanitizing our menus after each use as we are in the process of creating disposable menus in the next couple of days.
• We are continually wiping down all of our high touch equipment that employees must come in contact with such as computer and POS screens.
• We will continue to monitor the spread of the virus, consult with state and local health experts, and make the most informed decision possible at that time.
What you can do as a guest:
Follow these recommended preventative actions from the CDC to help prevent the spread of the virus.
• Stay home if you have any sense of illness.
• Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and/or use an alcohol-based sanitizer, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, and whenever you return home any activity.
• Avoid touching your face, and especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the trash.
• Practice social distancing in public areas.
These are extraordinary times and the situation continues to evolve, and so we are prepared to take further steps as needed to protect our team, our guests, and our community. We will continue to follow the guidance provided by the World Health Organization, CDC, and Indiana Department of Health.
If you have additional questions, please contact us or call 877-536-1194.
If you have reservations at our Fairfield by Marriott Fair Oaks Farms and would like to know what steps we are taking in the hotel, Marriott’s statement is available here.
For more information on the Coronavirus, please visit the CDC’s website for the latest updates.