Please submit a resume, cover letter and 3 references.
Applicants are encouraged to have: Pig and/or Dairy production experience or interest, an outgoing personality, activity organizational skills and general computer experience. Applicant must have verifiable employment, valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
Time Frame: Summer internship takes place mid-May through the first week of August.
Student’s Responsibilities: Learn pig and/or dairy production. Engage the tourists joyfully and genuinely. Learn to communicate and facilitate public/people handling issues. Present a positive impression of the Fair Oaks Farms experience. Genuinely appreciate the animals and the people who find it their calling to take care of them. Expect to work 40 hours per week with weekend rotations.
Application Submission: Summer internship applications are due by November 1st.
Scholarship: Hourly wage provided. Available housing reserved by company and paid by student.
Benefits of Fair Oaks Farms Internships
• Enhance your leadership and organizational skills
• Improve your presentation and communication abilities
• Gain knowledge in swine and dairy production and communicating about its importance
• Network with professionals in the ag, dairy, and swine industry
• 1 hour from West Lafayette, IN and Chicago, IL
• Develop strong employment references that will propel your career
• Students may be eligible for credit.