While searching the internet far and wide for some of the best recipes involving milk, it was clear there was a frontrunner. On many websites and food blogs, Jamie Oliver’s Chicken in Milk has been awarded the best chicken dish. Reviews of the recipe proclaim its milk sauce adds a creamy, delicious touch that completes the dish. We thought we’d share the recipe with you to celebrate National Milk Day. Add your own touch with side dishes displaying complementary taste profiles, such as jasmine rice, greens, or cheesy potatoes.
- 3 pound whole chicken
- olive oil
- 1/2 sticks cinnamon
- 1 handful fresh sage
- 2 lemons
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2.5 cups Fair Oaks Farms Milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then fry in a pot with a little oil until golden, turning the chicken to get an even color.
- Remove chicken from heat, place on plate, then discard oil left in the pot.
- Place chicken back in pot with cinnamon, sage, lemon zest, unpeeled garlic cloves, and Fair Oaks Farms Milk.
- Cook in oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until cooked throughout. Baste with cooking juices occasionally. The lemon zest will split the milk, but this is ideal and makes the sauce more flavorful.
- When finished, pull the meat off the bones and serve with plenty of juices and lemon curds, spooned from the pan.