The temperatures are dropping lower by the day, so keep yourself warm with this rich soup, filled with smooth and spicy flavors!
- 1 pound Farmstead Bacon
- 1 small onion
- 1 large jalapeno
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 bottle lager or pilsner
- 2 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 pound Fair Oaks Farms Cheddar 1 Year Cheese
- 4 ounces Fair Oaks Farms Smoked Gouda Cheese
- garlic bread to serve
- Cook the Farmstead Bacon until the fat is rendered and bacon is crisp. Remove bacon from pan, but use drippings to cook onion, jalapeno, garlic, and thyme, until soft. Add half the beef and cook until reduced by half, then the chicken broth until simmering.
- In small skillet, melt butter. Add flour and cook over medium heat, stirring until lightly browned. Whisk roux into soup mixture until incorporated and simmering. Cook until thickened.
- Add heavy cream, Fair Oaks Farms cheeses, and remaining beer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick and creamy. Add bacon, stir, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more broth if soup is too thick, bit by bit.
- Serve warm with garlic bread.